Virtual Yacht Squadron
December 16, 2017, 10:52:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Micro Magic`s in NZL  (Read 2544 times)
IanHB
Forum Guest

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2008, 01:22:47 PM »

Hello to all you NZL VSK sailors.
If you would like to have a go at racing in the real world then I would like to encourage you to have a look at the Micro Magic class of Radio control yacht.
These are a kit made by the Graupner company from Germany only around 540mm long but sail so well for there size and do not need the upgrade bits that are required by some of the other cheap kits available for newcomers.
The radio is an extra cost but available used on TradeMe or new from your LHS, (local hobby store)
Priced at NZ$360 plus delivery from "tomarinemodels@clear.net.nz" they are reasonably simple to put together and so much fun to sail. If you can sail a VSK race then you are halfway there to sailing radio control.
If you have any questions then I am happy to answer your emails. I am IanHB and can be reached at  (sailing at goldenhorn.co.nz )
Cheers, see you on the screen.
Radar(NZ)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 09:23:44 AM »

Nice looking boat..

New Zealand the best country in the world. www.newzealand.com
egor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:21:17 AM »

I have sent you an email - but in case it turns to SPAM...
I am a kiwi living and working in Vava'u in Tonga.
We have a huge seasonal friday night yacht race for cruising boats - but a few of us are interested in RC Yachts for our off-season as we don't have enough boats here most of the time to race.
I see you supply ready to go kits -what is the weight and cost of them and can you supply a mould for us to build ourselves as duty and freight could be a problem...
We have some delivery crews coming up from NZ this month to take yachts backto NZ and I'm keen on buying 2 Micro magic yachts - so we can play and then build some hulls later on... one will be slightly higher spec (So I can beat my mate!)
NZL 20
Commodore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 03:05:46 PM »

Ian is an infrequent visitor to this forum, but if you have sent him a personal email, hopefully he will reply to you

Mike

"good on yer mate"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: